.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A great adventure, looking for the lost things in the old house

Some time ago I went to a place called Taruko, with the group Minangkabau Photographers. Once arrived, my eyes immediately fixed on a hill in the middle of the valley with a small tree on top.



It was overcast, so not many photos I can take. However, I decided to enjoy the scenery while enjoying a cup of hot milk in a cafe. From the cafe, all views can be seen clearly.



In the morning, I decided to get around and I came across a large field. Because of rain the previous night, my journey became rather difficult. Rice field soil becomes soft, so I fell a few times, and broke my crocs. Owch! However, it is balanced with what I got. experience.







Only a few photos that I got in that place. Then I returned to the cafe for breakfast. I take a different path, 4 times to cross the river? Very difficult. When arrived at the cafe I feel very relieved. After breakfast, I thought for a walk around the cafe. A few meters from the cafe I saw a house made of wood, very unique, very antique. This house immediately caught my attention. I tried to climb the stairs to the house with a friend, Atikah ZA. we got to the porch of the house. This is a photo of the porch.



Unique right? All made ​​of wood. Then we tried to climb the stairs on the porch, and we reached the attic. We also photographed the view from up there. Many interesting things that can be seen from above. My eyes fixed on a triangular wood with carvings in the middle.



When looking at the wood, I remembered a book I've ever read, The Missing Piece by Shel Silverstein, a book of children's picture story. The story centers on a circular animal-like creature that is missing a wedge-shaped piece of itself. It doesn’t like this, and sets out to find its missing piece, singing:

Oh, I'm lookin' for my missin' piece
I'm lookin' for my missin' piece
Hi-dee-ho, here I go
lookin' for my missin' piece

we are so interested be up there. While enjoying the scenery, a photographer who is my senior in photography, Novendra Ven, took our picture in the attic. Thank you so much to the Novendra Ven because I really love this photo.



While being interested in taking pictures, the owner came home, and we approached him to ask permission photographing there. Turns out he was a very friendly, even let us photograph ​​inside his house.

All items in the house is antique. I feel like stepping into an old house very well maintained. In the house there is one bed that is covered by white cloth and batik-style bed cover. Around the bed there are two paintings, paintings of men and women, as if looked at each other. Clearly feels a strong art in the house.







There are two large windows that lead to the road and scenery. Near the entrance there is a small door. When I opened, there is a ladder heading down, which turned out a bathroom, really interesting. The bathroom was just surrounded by stones neatly arranged to form walls. On one side there is a vine of wild orchids. Unfortunately, our time is limited because we have to get back to Padang, return to normal routines. but I'll be back to that place as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment